AFFILIATE INFORMATION & POLICIES
Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. If I am given a free product to review, I will clearly inform you in the review. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I also participate in other affiliate programs, you should assume every link on my site is an affiliate link, though not all will be. Thank you for supporting Food&Fabric!
WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
A. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
At this website, I may collect both personally identifiable information and non-personal information from you.
1. Personally identifiable information. You don’t have to provide me with your personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address) in order to read most of what’s posted on this site. I do collect personally identifiable information about you when you sign up to receive newsletters or emails, ask a question, enter a comment, enter a contest, respond to a survey, email me, or when I alert you that you must submit personally identifiable information. Without this information, I would not be able to respond to your inquiries, entries, and requests. Please also note that several features of the site, such as advertisements, may be operated by third parties. These third parties may also obtain personally identifiable information from you in order to use their services. Please check their privacy policies for information about their privacy practices. One such third party is MailChimp, whom I use for e-mail list collection and processing. In sharing your address with this site, you affirm your knowledge of that relationship.
2. Non-personal information. Non-personal information, such as which pages on the site are accessed, what information is downloaded, what type of browser and operating system are being used, which Internet service provider is being used, and other information of this general type may be collected about visitors to the site. I collect and store this data on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis. I do not use this information to personally identify the site visitor. By collecting this information I learn how best to develop our website to meet the needs and desires of my visitors.
B. METHODS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
C. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
3. Links from the site to advertisers and other third parties. Please be aware that Food&Fabric advertisers, business partners, sponsors, service providers, and other third parties accessible through the site (such as via links from this site and/or framed on this site) may have their own privacy practices. Food&Fabric is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the third parties when providing information to them. These third parties may provide the personally identifiable information that they collect to Food&Fabric and may also use the information in accordance with their own privacy practices. Financial institutions, such as those which process credit card orders, are subject to federal privacy laws.
4. Other third parties. During the course of its business, Food&Fabric uses third party service providers, such as lawyers and accountants, to perform a variety of functions. In some instances, I may need to provide personal and/or non-personal information about you to such third parties. However, all third party service providers that are not linked from the site are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which they were selected to work with us.
D. COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
I have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that I believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information I collect online. Please note that I cannot guarantee the security of our databases or site, nor can I guarantee that information will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
E. CHILDREN UNDER 18
The Food&Fabric website is not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 18. I do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 through this site. If you are a child under the age of 18 who intends to submit information through this site, you must obtain your parent’s consent prior to making such a submission.
F. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND “OPT OUT” PROCEDURES
1. Please e-mail us at email@example.com if you need information about what personal information I have collected from you or if I can help you in any way.
2. You have various options to “opt out” of receiving information from me and my marketing partners. You can opt-out from our newsletters by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer want to receive third-party email offers that you requested through our site, simply follow the advertiser’s unsubscribe link or opt-out instructions that should be included in every commercial message you receive.
G. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California residents have the right to request and obtain from me, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom I have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. At my option, I may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how users can exercise options to prevent disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
H. NON-U.S. VISITORS
The Food&Fabric website is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. However, if you are located in the European Union, you may have certain rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These include your right to access personal information that has been processed, right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”), right to rectification of any information that is incorrect, right to restrict processing your personal information, right to data portability, and right to object (opt-out) to processing (unless we otherwise have compelling legitimate grounds). EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly to email@example.com and I will do all I can to assist you in that effort.
I. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Mail: PO Box 2364, Lakeland, FL 33806