Finding decorating and design home shows on tv isn’t as easy as it used to be, especially the ones I love. I used to be an HGTV fanatic, but I’m more of a design/decorating devotee. We do love a good flip, but I can only watch so much of it before I’m craving a good room makeover. We miss old school Martha Stewart Living, but that’s a story for another day…
You won’t find one contest show. I’ve got some standards. The Amazon links are affiliate links (I never recommend anything I don’t love).
If you’re looking for food shows, you’ll find those on my Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, and PBS food show lists. A reminder that sometimes they cross channels, so if you can’t find something on one, check the others. You can often find PBS shows on Netflix, for example.
HOME SHOWS ON TV – AMAZON
My favorite home shows currently are on Amazon. They’ve got Love It or List It and lots of House Hunters if that’s your thing, as well.
- Home Made – Love this show, it’s about building homes and building community.
- CoCoCozy – I’ve been following Coco for years, her style and mine are similar.
- Room to Improve – I enjoy this show; they work within a reasonable budget and the designs are workable for the rest of us. There’s more here and here. I don’t know why they don’t put it all in one place.
- Weekend Refresh – I’ve gotten several good ideas from this one.
- Building the Dream – If you’re a Vern Yip fan like I am, this one’s for you; it’s great for space planning and problem-solving.
Many people (myself included, until recently) aren’t aware Amazon offers Prime at a deep discount to qualified holders of EBT or Medicaid cards. Check here to see if you qualify.
HOME SHOWS ON TV – NETFLIX
There’s not much for home lovers on Netflix right now. Hopefully, it’s coming.
- Stay Here – Genevieve is back in this fantastic show about turning homes into short term rentals – definitely plenty of design ideas you can take into your own home, as well, and insight into the communities, as well. Binged this one start to finish one Saturday…
- Tidying Up – Y’all know I couldn’t leave off Marie Kwondo. This one is binge-worthy, as well, and will have you refolding everything in the house.
I get a question from time to time about a Netflix EBT discount – it’s actually an Amazon Prime discount for EBT holders and that info is here in this great blog post, along with some other information on Amazon and other discounts. You’ll find information about other EBT discounts in this post, as well.
HOME SHOWS ON TV – PBS
If you’ve been around here long, you know how much I love PBS. Here are my favorites there. You can also find some of the best PBS shows on Netflix by simply searching “PBS” there.
- Antiques Roadshow – The classic never goes out of style.
- This Old House and Ask This Old House – For the purists among us, what I love about this show is the lessons from the very first episode years ago are just as applicable as the latest, and it’s been on forever. Also, I’m a longtime Norm Abrams fan.
- The Woodwright’s Shop – Roy is peaceful and calming, even if you don’t do woodwork.
- Backyard Farmer – I draw a garden on paper every year, so far I have one lemon tree.
There are a few things I follow on YouTube, I’ll add more soon and we’re going to break down YouTube TV’s offerings, as well. I sort of wander about on YouTube, but these are good starting points.
- Martha Stewart
- Atlanta Homes – Showhouses galore…
- Ballard Designs
If you love watching home shows on tv, stick with us. The goal is that our YouTube channel go live in 2021! Keep in touch via subscription and/or social and you’ll be the first to know. I’d love to hear what you’d like to see, drop us a comment or get in touch on social and let me know what I can show you. We’re thinking a bit of a throwback to the way Martha used to be…stay tuned.
Here are over 50 more resources for home shows on TV in case you run out –
Have a wonderful new year!